Guide to Test Information
PET-CT adopted by Chosun University Hospital can enable more prompt and more accurate diagnosis compared to previous PET and CT with a single shot with the latest, cutting-edge visual equipment in Korea.
Cases that require PET-CT tests
- Cancer (Tumor)
- When checking for undiscovered cancer without any visible symptoms
- When checking for cancer recurrence after cancer treatment
- When finding difficulty in confirming diagnosis for suspected cancer through biopsy
- When checking for surgery feasibility after cancer diagnosis
- Cancer (Tumor)
- When dementia is suspected (e.g. memory loss, etc.)
- When attempting to identify causes of seizures for patients with epilepsy
- When attempting to determine treatment effects and confirm recurrence of diseases after brain cancer treatment
- Cancer (Tumor)
- When determining effects of cardiovascular surgery (coronary artery bypass surgery)
- When diagnosing the survival of cardiac muscles after myocardial infarction of patients with angina
How to Conduct PET-CT Tests and Precautions
8 hours of fasting before PET-CT test.
PET-CT test will begin one hour after administering the injection when drugs spread all over the body.
It usually takes 30 minutes to perform PET-CT test. If you are diabetic, a fertile woman or breast-feeding a baby (babies), please let us know before the test.
Please comply with your reservation time. If you cannot take a PET-CT test, please inform us one day earlier.
Three-Suboptimal Radiotherapy Apparatus
3D Conformal Radiotherapy is to create three-dimensional images by restructuring tumor sites and normal organs exquisitely and dimensionally with CT and MRI, protect normal tissues as much as possible and to effectively diagnose diseases by allowing radiation to tumors, which decreases highly chronic side effects and increases tumor control rates. 3D Conformal Radiotherapy can be used for various tumors, including head and neck cancer, prostate cancer, brain tumor, inoperable lung cancer and cancer occurring around spinal nerves.
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy
- as the most advanced high precision radiotherapy among 3D Conformal Radiotherapies, uses Multileaf Collimator equipped with the radiotherapy apparatus which allows weak radiation to normal tissues and strong radiation to tumors by adjusting radiation intensity, which enables the therapies tailored to tumor shapes. Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy can be applied to all kinds of cancer by allowing sufficient amount of radiation to tumors without causing severe damage to tissues, especially when normal tissues sensitive to radiation are close to tumors. Recently, Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy is applied to almost all cancer, including head and neck cancer, prostate cancer, brain tumor, lung cancer and breast cancer, while using this therapy in more areas.
- Respiratory Gating System
- Human internal organs move according to respiratory movement. As the location of tumors can change in accordance with respiration, this apparatus reads respiratory cycles over time and diagnose diseases according to the movement of tumors located by regular respiratory cycles. Respiratory Gating System is particularly useful for lung cancer and liver cancer.
- Computed Tomography Simulator
- Computed Tomography Simulator is the first three-dimensional model simulator in Honam areas adopted by Chosun University Hospital that has big bores not limited to the use of fixing equipment or patients’ various posture. Computed Tomography Simulator is a cutting-edge simulator that can receive images of the same posture of patients as in the treatment rooms.
- MDCT, Multi Detector CT can receive hundreds of images every second with highly advanced functions and definition that can detect a small legion, particularly, while being able to detect cerebral hemorrhage, lung cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, metastatic lymph nodes and myocardial infarction in early stages.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- MRI is a cutting-edge medical device that uses the principle of physics such as NMR, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, to apply strong magnetic fields to a human body inside the MRI equipment by producing images to utilize magnetized energy and precisely diagnose almost all body parts, including brain (nerves), liver and prostate.
- Endoscopic Therapy Unit
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit diagnoses and determines treatments of gastrointestinal cancer (esophageal cancer, stomach cancer and colorectal cancer) through all kinds of gastrointestinal endoscopy equipment, including Capsule Endoscopy. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit also diagnoses precisely and conducts radical treatments for some gastrointestinal cancer without an abdominal incision by performing exeresis (surgical removal of an organ) through Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) to use an endoscope. This Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection is less invasive with shorter surgery procedures compared to other surgeries and helps enhance the quality of life by preserving gastrointestinal tract’s functions.
Surgical dissection is the best method for gastrointestinal cancer, but endoscope techniques can guarantee more comfort by improving symptoms for inoperable diseases.
- Laparoscopic Surgery Unit
- Laparoscopic surgery is proven to be more effective in terms of beauty treatments with smaller wounds compared to general laparotomy in the areas of surgical practice. Less pain after surgery is considered to be advantageous, while applying laparoscopic surgery in more various areas that include not only benign diseases (non-harmful diagnosis) but also malignant diseases (harmful diagnosis). Chosun University Hospital is emerging as a hospital specialized in laparoscopic surgeries while performing new surgeries (laparoscopic hernia repair, laparoscopic surgery through a single slit, etc.) with the latest laparoscopic surgical techniques.
Chosun University Hospital has not only such new surgical techniques but also the exclusive laparoscopic operating room(s) with laparoscopic cameras and latest laparoscopic equipment. Besides, Department of Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Urology and Department of Orthopedic Surgery are equipped with laparoscopic surgical instruments for performing surgeries for various diseases and producing good results.
- Gamma Camera
- Gamma Camera is an instrument that receives images of legions (cancer, metastatic cancer, fracture, etc.) from endocrine systems, urinary systems, gastrointestinal systems, skeletal systems and respiratory systems to detect and film the produced radiation by using a physiological mechanism which becomes amassed in selected areas when radioactive isotopes or compounds are injected into the body. Gamma Camera can not only receive distribution of cerebral blood flow or myocardial flow by using Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) but also diagnose diseases more precisely.
- MAGNETOM Skyra MRI
- Prompt and precise diagnosis. 3T MRI
- Relieving claustrophobia with a wide scanner entrance and enabling comfortable examinations
- Examining almost every part of the body
- Enabling examinations of almost entire parts of the body such as entire spines, joints, cartilage and percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography
- Detecting vessel diseases
- Using high-definition imaging techniques for cerebrovascular MRI tests to precisely diagnose difficult lesions such as venous hemangioma and cerebral hemorrhage
- Using 3D photography in many clinical areas
- Enabling 3D photography in clinical areas such as head, scoliosis and cervical vertebrae and determining precisely with clear images
- Dynamic Volume CT (640MSCT)
- World’s best, cutting-edge CT that provides the most excellent images
- Acquiring 640 images, 2.5 times as many as previous CT and diagnosing more precisely
- Decreasing patients’ radiation absorbed doses
- Scanning organs such as brain and heart simultaneously
- Reducing the amount of contrast medium and radiation remarkably
- Enabling examinations for all patients
- Helpful for photography for the early diagnosis, including heart disease, stroke and pediatric patients
- Good for emergency patients to whom time is critical