Payment & Insurance Claims
Korean National Health Insurance Holders
The clients covered by the Korean National Health Insurance Program (NHIS) should bring a referral from a local doctor, or else they will have to meet the Family Medicine Doctor first in IHCC (International Healthcare Center) as per the NHIS guidelines state.
Direct Billing Service
- Private, Worker’s Compensation or Other Insurance Coverage (Third-Party Payers)
- Patients covered by Third-Party Payers are responsible to pay cash for their medical service charges in advance. Patients are solely responsible to seek reimbursement in accordance with the terms and policies of any such Third-Party Payers.
- You can pay with cash or credit card.
- When you pay by credit card, you must pay in Korean won.
- Hospitalized inpatients must pay 90% or more of estimated inpatient service charges as instructed.
- Medications prescribed from the outpatient clinic are usually not included in the outpatient service charges. Outpatients are responsible to purchase their prescribed medicine at a pharmacy outside of the hospital.