Neurology department diagnoses disorders in the central nerve system which includes the brain and the spinal cord, peripheral nerve, peripheral nerve system which includes the muscles and treats them using medical methods. It operates stroke center, movement disorder clinic, dementia clinic, sleep disorder clinic, dizziness clinic and headache clinic.
- Stroke center – In an urgent situation where every second counts, the best program is operated for stroke patients for prompt diagnosis and surgical procedure. It also operates concentrated treatment room for stroke patients to perform professional treatment in terms of patient treatment and management.
- Movement disorder clinic – It diagnoses diseases related to movement disorders such as hand tremors and ‘Parkinson’s disease’ which makes body movements slow and shaky with unstable walks. Through professional integrated customized treatment, it improves the quality of lives in people.
- Epilepsy clinic – By operating brain wave examination room, it strives to provide the best diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy patients and it assists epilepsy patients to return to social life.
- Sleep disorder clinic – It operates sleep examination center for patients suffering from sleep disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea , snoring, restless legs syndrome and hypnolepsy.
- Dementia clinic – Dementia is a disease of which early discovery, prevention and treatment is extremely crucial. Through examinations such as neuropsychological examinations, dementia can be detected early. It assists patients to return back to society and it also endeavors to reduce the pain of families of dementia patients.
- Dizziness clinic – Dizziness is a symptom which is extremely common and which is caused by various causes. Central dizziness which is caused by disorders in the brain stem and the central nerve system can leave behind severe side effects if it is not diagnosed early. In addition, peripheral dizziness also requires systematic treatment so the best efforts are put in for diagnosis and treatment.
- Headache clinic – Accurate diagnosis for headaches are provided by listening to history of records based on headache survey, referral from examination room from the neurology department, brain tomography examination, brain MRI examination and brain MRI on blood vessel imaging. Imprudent painkillers to relieve temporary symptoms are prevented and by conducting preventive treatment, efforts are put in for fundamental treatment of the headaches.
Stroke (cerebral infarction cerebral hemorrhage), hand tremors (shaky hands), Parkinson’s disease, dementia, epilepsy, headache, dizziness, unconsciousness, fainting, sleep disorder, peripheral diseases (hand and foot numbness, muscular disease, facial paralysis, encephalitis, encephalomeningtis infection, neuralgia, multiple sclerosis
Professor Kim Jin Ho, Professor Kim Hu Won, Professor An Seong Hwan, Professor Choo In Seong, general practitioner