Urology is one of the surgery department(외과) field which practices both medical and surgical treatment on various illness that occurs from male, female urinary system, adrenal system, and male reproductive system through many special examination (여러 가지 특수 검사). For following nine treatment areas; urological tumor, prostate disease, masculinity studies, urolithiasis, urinary tract infection, dysuresia, urinary incontinence, female urology, and pediatric urology, our five medical professionals and five specialists are putting their efforts together to fully recover patients with higher satisfaction.
- Urological tumor - After precise diagnosis, various treatment such as surgery using endoscope and celioscope, chemo therapy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy are used to treat kidney cancer, bladder cancer, urethra cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penis cancer, and urethra cancer.
- Prostate disease - Various treatments such as medication treatment and surgery through urethra endoscope are conducted for diseases in prostate area from prostatitis which can cause pain and urinary symptom in pelvis area to prostatism which can cause lower urinary tract symptoms such as pollakisuria, nocturia, overactive bladder, weak stream (약뇨), delay stream (요주저), residual urine, and more.
- Masculinity studies - Precise diagnosis and treatments are conducted for male infertility and male sexual dysfunction (example: impotence, premature ejaculation).
- Urolithiasis - When stones are found in kidney, urethra, and bladder area, proper therapy methods such as medication therapy, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, and surgery utilizing endoscope and celioscope are chosen depends on the location, size, shape of the stones.
- Urinary tract infection - Diagnosis and treatments are conducted for nephropyelitis, renal calyces (신농양), bladder infection, prostatitis, orchitis, and epididymitis.
- Dysuresia - Medicinal therapy, cleanliness urethral catheterization (청결도뇨), invite urethra in bladder (방광 내 소 변줄 유치), and surgery are conducted depends on degree and state of diseases.
- Urinary incontinence - Medicinal therapy, conservative treatment, surgical treatment utilizing tape and artificial urinary sphincter placement are conducted depends on sort and degree of urinary incontinence.
- Female urology - Conducts precise diagnosis and treatments for various diseases that can emerge from female urinary system such as pelvic organ prolapse, fistulous opening in urethra and bladder, and urethral diverticulum.
- Pediatric urology - Conducts surgery through precise diagnosis.
- Urological tumor - kidney cancer, bladder cancer, urethra cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penis cancer, urethra cancer.
- Prostate disease - prostatism, prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome
- Masculinity studies - varicocele, male infertility, impotence, premature ejaculation, birth control
- Urolithiasis, kidney stone, urethra stone, bladder stone
- Urinary tract infection - nephropyelitis, renal calyces, cystitis, prostatitis, orchitis, epididymitis
- Dysuresia - neurogenic bladder, overactive bladder (과민성 방광), stricture of the urethra
- Urinary incontinence - stress urinary incontinence, overactive bladder (절박성 요실금), complex urinary incontinence, male urinary incontinence, elderly urinary incontinence (노인성 요실금)
- Female urology - Urethral caruncle, urethral diverticulum, female urethral syndrome, pelvic organ prolapse, fistulous opening in urethra and bladder
- Pediatric urology - undescended testis, hydrocele testis, testicular torsion, hypospadias, balanoposthitis, urachus disease, nocturia, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteral duplication, ectopic urethra, ureterocele, megaloureter, renal dysplasia, ectopic ureter, fused renal ectopia, renal cyst
Stone treatment (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, bladder endoscope and Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy, nephrolithotomy)
Tumor therapy (transurethral bladder tumor resection, kidney and urinary tract Laparoscopic surgery)
Incontinence surgery using tape, artificial urinary sphincter
Penile Prosthesis Implantation
Simple urogram, urinary obstruction, retrograde urography, cystourethrography, retrograde urethrography, abdomen sonography, transrectal sonography
Scrotal sonography, CT, MRI, bone scan
PET-CT, urodynamic test, RIGI scan, penis sonography, semen evaluation
Cheol-seong Kim, Jun No, Dong-hun Im, Seung Baek, won-jin Jo, doctors