Family medicine department was established in 2005 to activate primary care of outpatients and health check-up. Its absolute focus lies in the health promotion of individuals and families, health consultations for preventing diseases and it is also engaged in treating and managing acute and chronic diseases. Family medicine department is equivalent to the first place of contact for patients who step into the world of medicine so continuous management is provided whether there is a disease involved or not. it is important to provide comprehensive treatment without leaning towards a particular area. It is oriented to differentiated treatment which is deemed to be the most appropriate considering the situation of the patient. Furthermore, it runs Well-Being Functional Medicine Clinic to provide individualized medicine as a part of integrative medicine.
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes : intensive blood sugar control, diabetes preventive cares including foot exam, Hemoglobin A1c
- Other Endocrine disease : obesity, metabolic syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism
- Infectious disease: Common cold, pneumonia, bronchitis, Influenza
- Radiologic tests : Xray, Ultrasound, Computed tomography(CT scan), Magnetic resonance image(MRI), PET-CT etc.
- Endoscope : Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy
- stomach and bowel disease : indigestion, stomach ache, diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel
- Heart disease: Heart failure, Coronary artery disease, Echo cardiogram, ECG.
- Urinary tract diseases: Urinary tract infection (bladder infection), prostate inflammation, kidney infection
- STD : sexually transmitted disease
- Lung diseases: Asthma, COPD, Smoker tobacco cessation, Pulmonary Function Test
- Depression, Anxiety, Phobia
- Muscule, skeleton disease: Back pain, Shoulder pain, Joints pain including Rheumatoid arthritis, Degenerative joint disease, Joints injection
- Muscle spasm pain: "Pulled muscle" trigger point injection
- Allergy, allergic rhinitis, ithchy eye
- Skin disorder: Hives(urticaria), Poison ivy, psoriasis, fungus disease, all rashes
- ENT : middle ear infection(otitis media), vertigo, dizziness, hearing test, Sinusitis
- Pap smear - cervical cancer test
- Annual well woman check up
- Birth control counseling
- Excessive period, menstrual cramping
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Menopause management
- Bladder infection, urination problems
- Uterus fibroid, Uterus ultrasound examination
Well-Being Functional Medicine Clinic
1. What is Functional Medicine?
By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
2. How is Functional Medicine Different?
- Patient-centered care.
- An integrative, science-based healthcare approach.
- Integrating best medical practices.
Director, Hyeong Ho Choi, MD. PhD. specialty : Health Promotion and Disease Prevention(HPDP)
Associate director, Sam Cheol Kim, MD. PhD. specialty : Family Medicine/Integrative Medicine(Functional Medicine)