Orthopedics is a part of medical science which study, keep, recover and develope the shape and function of the limbs, spine and affiliated organs in internal medicine, surgery and physical way.
We provide specialized treatment in orthopedics area with 8 professors, 4 subspecialty fellow and 12 medical specialists and knowledge from active study and overseas training. Especially, we make effort for professional and comprehensive study and treatment in trauma, wide range of spine surgery, hip joint, department surgery, limb salvage through microsurgery, foot surgery, knee joint, shoulder joint, ex-replacement surgery, diagnosis and operation, etc. using arthroscope.
- Trauma - We conduct treatment and study in car accident, fall, fracture, dislocation, ligament injury, muscle injury, neural damage due to various trauma through systematic diagnosis and cutting-edge method through various experiences and study and provide active and various treatment for general complications. Especially, we make effort to increase survival rate and minimize complications through active cooperation in treatment with other departments in the event of multiple trauma and major trauma.
- Spine - We do systematic study, diagnosis and treatment for spine diseases and trauma such as degenerative spinal disease, spinal deformity, spine cancer, fracture by trauma, neural damage, etc. and make effort to improve neurological sign and symptom and shorten the hospitalization period through decompression of nerve through minimally invasive surgical procedure by using microscope.
- Hip joint - We provide joint replacement surgery with almost no complications such as infection, etc. by wearing spacesuit in operation room, small cut, and improved artificial joint, very short operation hours and permanent joint lifespan. For the osteoporotic hip joint fracture surgery, metal plate fixation was used before but now proximal femoral nail antirotation which allows the patient move right after the surgery is used and the progress after operation especially movement after the operation is very good.
- Elbow joint - Most of shoulder and elbow diseases can be recovered without surgery. Therefore, we do our best to get the maximum effect with minimum procedure by looking for non-operative treatment for the trauma and disease of these joints, using various diagnosis equipments and analysis tools for accurate evaluation and accessing in regenerative medicine way.
- Hand and microsurgery - We do our best to recover the function of limbs as early as possible through active reconstruction operation by using bloody operation or microscope surgery for the hand arthritis, degenerative disease, limbs damage due to limbs tumor and trauma.
- Foot joint - Regardless the importance of it, foot has been treated with contempt as it is hidden by sox or shoes and acknowledged smelly part. However, as the life style becomes westernized and there are higher interests in health, the importance of foot has been increased. Foot clinic is a specialized clinic which takes charged of prevention, conservative treatment, operational treatment, and rehabilitation of all the diseases in foot and foot joint. Especially, based on plenty of clinical experiences, we aim for specialization and sciencetification of diagnosis and treatment by furnishing foot specialized diagnosis tool and treatment equipments for more accurate treatment.
- Knee joint - We aim for customized treatment for patients through accurate diagnosis and treatment for each stage for the partial joints damage which cannot be seen in simple radiograph but cause pain and degenerative knee arthritis which needs replacement surgery before artificial joint and provide active growth plate repair and anatomical double bundle reconstruction for the anterior cruciate ligament injury and cartilaginous plate tear which are most common among sports injuries.
- Trauma (fracture, muscle and ligament injury, neural damage) - Multiple fracture (long bone), nonunion, intraarticular fracture and dislocation
- Spine - Neck disk, back disc, spinal stenosis, spinal scoliosis, spinal kyphosis, spinal fractures, limb and lower body paralysis, spinal cancer
- Hip joint - head of femur avascular necrosis, traumatic Rheumatic coxitis, fracture around hip joint Hip joint fracture and dislocation, femur neck, intertrochanteric fracture, acetabular fracture, osteoporotic fracture
- Elbow joint - instability of shoulder, arthritis, rotator scuff disorder, tennis elbow and arthritis
- Hands and musculoskeletal - curved hemostat, rheumarthritis, degenerative arthritis, jerk finger, cut of upper and lower body, musculoskeletal tumor(cancer)
- Foot and ankle joint - diabetic foot, foot transform, hallux valgus, phocomelia, syndactylism, polydactylism) ankle joint, sports injury (ligament injury of ankle joint, ballet and soccer injuries), lower body trauma and fracture around ankle joint
- Knee joint - traumatic arthritis including knee degenerative arthritis, rheumarthritis, anterior cruciate or rear cruciate ligament injury due to car accidents, inside and outside collateral ligament injury, inside and outside collateral ligament damage, articular cartilage damage, osteochondritis, or fracture around knee area ( Distal femoral part, kneepan, tibial metaphysic)
- Trauma (fracture, muscle and ligament injury, neural damage)
- Neural spine injections, percutaneous vertebroplasty
- total joint replacement, diaplasis and internal fixation
- Elbow joint (Ultrasonic waves procedure, arthroscopic operation, artificial joint operation)
- Foot and ankle joint - Foot Ultrasonic and injection treatment, Extracorporeal shock wave therapy, total foot joint replacement, ankle joint osteochondral autograft transplantation, ankle joint ligament suture
- Knee joint - replacement before total joint, hemiarthroplasty, tibial metaphysis osteotomy and femoral distal osteotomy
- aortic disease clinic, valves disease clinic, coronary arteries clinic, pneumothorax clinic
- X-ray, CT, 3D CT, MRI
- Angiography when vessel damage is suspected
- Ultrasonography, electromyography, osteoporosis test, bone injection test
- foot and ankle radiation test, foot and ankle pressure tester
- arthroscopic test, Knee radiation test, C-arm test
Professor Ha Sang Ho, Professor Yu Jae Won, Professor Lee Sang Hong, Professor Mun Young Rae, Professor Son Hong Mun, Professor Lee Jun Young, Professor Kim Dong Hwi, Professor Lee Gwang Cheong, Professor Lee Sang Jun, Professor Park Sang Ha, Professor Park Chi Hyoung, Professor Park Sang Jun, Professor Gang Jeong Hun